Emile Louis Constant Schiff became the owner of the Nederlandse Guttapercha Maatschappij (the Dutch Guttapercha Company) in Delft, the Netherlands on the 6th of November 1908.
It was the forerunner of Apollo Vredestein BV.
In 1909, the company moved to Loosduinen and changed its name to NV Rubberfabriek Vredestein (NV Rubber Factory Vredestein).
At the time, the company specialized in all kinds of rubber products, including shoe heels, tennis balls, floor coverings, boots and the rubber bladders for footballs.
On September 13th 1934, most of the factory in Loosduinen went up in flames.
Reconstruction started immediately afterwards and in the same year the bicycle tire factory in Doetinchem was established.
In 1946, the NV Nederlandsch-Amerikaansche Autobandenfabriek Vredestein (the NV Dutch-American Car Tire Factory Vredestein) was founded in Enschede, with the American company B.F. Goodrich owning just over 20% of its shares.
A year later Mr Schiff laid the cornerstone of the Enschede factory.
The company’s growth accelerated in 1962 when it merged with NV Rubberfabrieken Hevea in Raalte and in 1971, the company became B.F. Goodrich’s property in its entirety.
Vredestein products were soon finding their way to 125 different countries.
The Vredestein brand is over 100 years old and has achieved premium brand status in the tire industry.
Products include car tires, tires for two-wheeled vehicles and agricultural and industrial applications.
Vredestein also produces high-quality bicycle tires.